This issue is Mac only.
If you see this error, "SOCKS version 5 protocol error"
1. Open your spotlight search by going to the top right corner of your desktop and selecting the magnifying glass icon.
You can also open spotlight search using CMD + space if you do not have that icon.
2. Search for "System Preferences", and select that app and launch it.
3. Open the "Network" option in System Preferences
4. Click the "Advanced" button
5. Select the "Proxies" option
6. Make sure the SOCKS Proxy option is NOT checked
7. Retest your Topaz software to confirm or deny if the issue is resolved. Please contact Customer Support if you continue to see issues.